President & Managing Director
P: + 1 919 714 7294
Sean King is a renowned legal, tax and business advisor who brings to his clients not only technical expertise, but also a cultural and commercial awareness that can only be gained by living and working in numerous countries and multiple continents.
In addition to his firm leadership responsibilities, Sean’s globally recognized practice focuses on international corporate structuring for both the outbound operations of U.S. multinationals and the inbound operations of foreign multinationals. This includes advice on structuring cross-border ventures, mergers and acquisitions, supply chain management, cross-border financing, and transfer pricing matters, including the international licensing of intellectual property. Sean has completed transactions in more than 60 countries and has been included in The International Who's Who of Corporate Tax Lawyers.
Sean is the author of multiple publications on international taxation and is a widely known speaker on the cross-border structuring of investments. In this capacity, Sean has been asked to speak worldwide for numerous Fortune 100 audiences. In 2012, Sean was awarded the NCACPA's Outstanding Conference Speaker award.
He received his master of laws degree in taxation, magna cum laude, from the Chicago-Kent School of Law. He received his juris doctor degree, cum laude, from Michigan State University College of Law and his bachelor of arts degree from the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor.
Sean is a member of the State Bar of Michigan and is admitted to practice before the U.S. Tax Court. He is also a member of the North Carolina Bar Association where he has served as Vice-Chair of the International Law Section.
In his spare time, Sean has managed to complete both the Boston and New York City Marathons in less than 3 hours.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law; (LL.M.); magna cum laude
- Michigan State University College of Law; (J.D.); cum laude
- University of Michigan; (B.A.)
- Alliance for Tax, Legal, and Accounting Seminars
- Board of Advisors
- Inter-Pacific Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Council of the International Law Section
- Preferred Consultant
- World Trade Association, Triangle Chapter
- Board of Advisors
- Council for International Tax Education
Awards and Honors
- The International Who's Who of Corporate Tax Lawyers - 2009
- NCACPA's Outstanding Conference Speaker Award - 2012